In about a little over a week, I will be leaving St. Louis and moving to the West Coast. So as a tribute to the city where I was born and raised, I asked around for everyone’s favorite local spots. Here is what we came up with.
Favorite Places to Eat and Drink:
- Augusta Brewery
- Blumenhof Vineyards and Winery
- Chandler Hill Vineyards
- Cherokee Street
- The Civil Life Brewery
- Food Truck Fridays: Every second Friday (May through October) in Tower Grove Park.
- Fritz’s Frozen Custard: Ted Drewes may be the King of Custard, but many locals prefer Fritz’s.
- Gulf Shores Restaurant & Grill
- Mission Taco Joint
- Pi Pizzareia
- Sub Zero
- Sugarfire Smokehouse: With daily rotating specials and chocolate chip cookies straight out of the smoker, this place will be greatly missed. Try the turkey, you will not regret it. And be sure to at least sample the coffee flavored barbecue sauce, even if you are not a coffee drinker.
- Urban Chestnut Brewing Company
- Wine Country Gardens
Favorite Places to Eat and Drink (Coffee and Breakfast):
- Coffee Cartel: Specifically suggested for the Gooey Butter Cake.
- Half & Half
- Paul’s Donuts
- Picasso’s Coffee House
- Sump Coffee
Favorite Places to See a Show
Museums and other Activities:
- The City Museum
- The Gateway Arch
- Grant’s Farm: Don’t forget to get your two complimentary Budweiser beverages.
- The Saint Louis Science Center
- The Saint Louis Zoo: A truly fantastic zoo and totally free to the public. For those of you native to St. Louis, that, in and of itself, is a rarity.
- Brommelsiek Park: A fantastic dog park with a pond complete with a little dock.
- Forest Park: Home to some of the best attractions in the area, the park is a great place to spend time before a show at the Muny or after a trip to the Saint Louis Zoo.
- Lafayette Park
- Queeny Park
- The Missouri Botanical Gardens